Company fact sheet
ConAgra Foods is a progressive, value-added food company focused on delivering sustainable, profitable growth.
- ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG) is one of North America's largest packaged food companies. Its balanced portfolio includes consumer brands found in 97 percent of America’s households, the largest private brand packaged food business in North America, and a strong commercial and foodservice business.
- The company is a Fortune 500 company with net sales totaling approximately $18 billion while employing more than 36,000 people.
- Consumers can find recognized brands such as Banquet®, Chef Boyardee®, Egg Beaters®, Healthy Choice®, Hebrew National®, Hunt's®, Marie Callender's®, Orville Redenbacher's®, PAM®, Peter Pan®, Reddi-wip®, Slim Jim®, Snack Pack® and many other ConAgra Foods brands, plus food sold under private brand labels, in grocery, convenience, mass merchandise, club and drug stores.
- The company’s world headquarters is located in Omaha, Nebraska.
- The company started in 1919 as Nebraska Consolidated Mills. In 1971, it was named ConAgra, Inc. and became ConAgra Foods in 2000.
- ConAgra Foods reports its operations in two segments: Consumer Foods and Commercial Foods.
- The Consumer Foods segment makes and sells leading branded, private-label and customized food to retail and foodservice channels, principally in North America.
- The Commercial Foods segment supplies frozen potato and sweet potato products as well as other vegetable, spice, bakery and grain products to a variety of well-known restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers.
- 28 consumer brands are No. 1 or No. 2 in their category.
- 20 consumer brands generate more than $100 million in retail sales each year.
- For nearly 20 years, ConAgra Foods has led the charge against child hunger in America with donations of more than $50 million and 290 million pounds of food. In 2013, 19 ConAgra Foods brands participated in Child Hunger Ends Here, the company's largest cause marketing campaign to date.
- In 2012, for the second consecutive year, ConAgra Foods achieved its listing on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America, one of the world’s most recognizable citizenship indexes.
- In 2012, we reduced our carbon footprint by 43,600 metric tonnes, reduced landfill waste by 104,268 tons, conserved 295 million gallons of water and generated $28.3 million of cost savings through projects such as reducing Banquet® chicken packaging materials by 1.8 million pounds annually, and more efficient packaging leads to more efficient truck utilization – 79,200 gallon of diesel fuel were conserved.