Company Fact Sheet
ConAgra Foods is a progressive, value-added food company focused on delivering sustainable, profitable growth.
- ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG) is one of North America's largest packaged food companies. Its balanced portfolio includes consumer brands found in 99 percent of America’s households, the largest private brand packaged food business in North America, and a strong commercial and foodservice business.
- The company is a Fortune 500 company with net sales totaling approximately $15.8 billion while employing 33,000 people.
- Consumers can find recognized brands such as Banquet®, Chef Boyardee®, Egg Beaters®, Healthy Choice®, Hebrew National®, Hunt's®, Marie Callender's®, Orville Redenbacher's®, PAM®, Peter Pan®, Reddi-wip®, Slim Jim®, Snack Pack® and many other ConAgra Foods brands, plus food sold under private brand labels, in grocery, convenience, mass merchandise, club and drug stores.
- The company’s world headquarters is located in Omaha, Nebraska.
- The company started in 1919 as Nebraska Consolidated Mills. In 1971, it was named ConAgra, Inc. and became ConAgra Foods in 2000.
- ConAgra Foods reports its operations in three segments: Consumer Foods, Private Brands and Commercial Foods.
- The Consumer Foods segment makes and sells leading branded to retail and foodservice channels, principally in North America.
- The Private Brands segment makes private branded foods for retailers to sell under their own brand names. ConAgra Foods is the largest private brand packaged food business in North America.
- The Commercial Foods segment supplies frozen potato and sweet potato products as well as other vegetable, spice, and bakery products to a variety of well-known restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers.
- 26 consumer brands are No. 1 or No. 2 in their category.
- 32 consumer brands generate more than $100 million in retail sales each year.
- For over 20 years, the ConAgra Foods Foundation has led the charge against child hunger in America with donations of more than $60 million and 355 million pounds of food. In 2015, 22 ConAgra Foods brands participated in Child Hunger Ends Here®, the company's largest cause marketing campaign to date.
- In 2014, for the fourth consecutive year, ConAgra Foods achieved its listing on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America, one of the world’s most recognizable citizenship indexes.
- Among the 82 entries in our 2015 Sustainable Development Awards, we conserved 97 million gallons of water, optimized packaging to save 15 million lbs. of material and eliminated 58,700 tons of waste. This year, collectively, the projects delivered more than $70 million in savings showing the bottom-line benefits of our commitment to sustainable development.